Monday, March 12, 2012

Walk the Talk

The most challenging thing to do in class is to walk the talk. 

Last Sunday, I was talking about obeying the Lord Jesus in class. I asked the kids of their ideas on how to follow Jesus. Some said 'Finish my food!', 'Make friends!', 'Follow Mommy!'. I was so pleased to hear that these kids know exactly what to do.

After a few minutes, a boy crumpled his coloring sheet. A girl played with her chair and she almost fell. A nanny left the room to talk to someone on the phone so a child followed her so I ran to the door to stop her from coming out of the room. The nanny knocked at the door in the middle of my Bible story. My heart sank. For I was about to transition to my lesson point. The kids were distracted. I was distracted. And so I said, 'Next time, please stay outside before the lesson begins! It's hard to teach kids, you know!' in an angry tone.

And I completely knew, my message to the kids did not come really come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment