Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back to Teaching College

Yes, I am back to teaching college students. Though this site is dedicated for teaching kids, I want to expand it to teaching adults, too. :)

Who would think that after ten years of running away from this profession, I would go back teaching college students? I know that before, I proclaimed in this blog that I've loved teaching kids since I started my Christian ministry.

I prefer being around innocent souls -- but teaching nearly-young adults? It's a bit scary. Aside from being scared of karmic justice (I had a habit of cutting classes in college), I am also feeling uneasy in front of young adults. I think it's because it's more difficult to connect to them. For you to know that you are effective in college, you have to look at not just the students' grades but the changes in their perceptions and their transformation as better individuals. Only real gurus can do that. I am not sure if I can.

I am just glad that some verses in the Bible keep me going:
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28
" For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." - Philippians 2:13

Although I am not sure if I can really create an impact on the lives of my dear college students, I am sure that God has given me this assignment for His good purpose. Whatever that is, I will find out soon. I will continue to seek His wisdom and rely on His strength to do this job with flying colors. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment