Friday, July 9, 2010

A Sunday School Teacher's Heart

I have never thought I could be hands-on with kids (and love doing it). I've been so sure that when they are around me, my heart jumps for joy. Little did I know that their tiny hands have that great power to make me a better person.

I did not have a wonderful childhood and many of my friends say that I talk like I am ten years older than my age. I was (and sometimes, still is) impatient with many things. I've been through a lot of rejections, maybe just like all people have, and so trying to succeed in my career became an escape. I hopped from one job to another, and the firsts (especially the perks) in each post thrilled me but only in passing. I spent 9 years playing 'eenie-minee-miny-moo' in the fields of media and education.

In 2005, As I get to know more about Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, He led me to serve through a ministry that is quite familiar. Every Sunday, when I passed by the paper-scented rooms of our church's Sunday School area, something pounded in my heart -- until one Sunday, I was inside one of the rooms, in front of a group of Nursery boys, tongue-tied, with how fast they could run and how nerve-racking it could be when they screamed.

Until now, I can't figure out how my passion for writing could embody who I am and what I want to share with others. Maybe I am still trying to nurture the restless child in me, or pacify her longings. I just have that strong gut feel that talking about people who made me cope with my heartaches can be a better start. I think this is the way to re-collect and save those precious moments and lessons that kids gave me inside and outside the classroom. Enjoy reading. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment